Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Indigenous" - An American Indian Blues Band

If you enjoy Blues music or anything that sounds like Stevie Ray Vaughan, then you should check out this video. I discovered this band while doing research for my Native American Figure presentation. They are an American Indian blues band that call themselves “Indigenous,” and are comprised of four family members. They have a blues-rock feel to their music and you can tell they have been heavily influenced by the likes of Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jimi Hendrix, who were amazing blues guitarists.

The sound quality isn’t the best and the performance is a tad sloppy at times but it is still pretty rocking music. Here is a link to their MySpace site where you can listen to more of their songs. I hope this resonates with some of you because I discovered them a couple months ago and have been listening to them non-stop. I grew up listening to the blues and jamming on the guitar with my dad so this stuff runs deep within my blood. A few weeks back, “Indigenous” played a show at Buddy Guy’s Legends, which is a blues bar downtown. Unfortunately, I couldn’t attend but I definitely plan on seeing them the next time they come around Chicago. This band is just another awesome discovery that has come from taking this course and I wanted to share it with all of you. Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment